- Original 560 SEC by Koenig (not only a bodykit)
- Two owners car
- Original 20.000 kilometres from new
- Original Koenig Special wheels with the 335 rear wheels
- One of about 100 vehicles directly built by Koenig
- Exceptional details that only an original Koenig has
- All documents were checked and the car was photographed personally by Auctomobile
- Other features: possibility of assisting with registration, transport, insurance, storage and Trusted Checkout payment
- Please note that this car will be available for viewing by prior appointment in Brno, Czechia
- NOTE! This car is subject to a reclaimable Value Added Tax (VAT) of 21 %, which will be added to the final hammer price
Koenig Specials GmbH (known widely as Koenig) is a German tuning house based in Munich that specialised in modifications to European luxury cars. The company gained notability in the 1980s and 1990s for their performance modifications to Ferraris. Some of its most notable works included a twin-turbo Ferrari Testarossa with extensive body modifications that made it resemble a Ferrari F40 (known as the Koenig Competition and in revised form Koenig Competition Evolution) that produced up to a claimed 1,000 PS DIN in "Evolution" guise, a highly unusual output for cars at the time, as well as the 850 PS DIN Ferrari F50. Koenig also entered into automobile production with its road-going version of the Porsche 962 known as the Koenig C62, therefore becoming the first road-legal Group C-based car.
The company additionally branched out into offering kits or full conversions for other makes of vehicles, such as Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Porsche and Lamborghini.
Koenig, as one of the first tuning houses to specialize in expensive exotic cars, represented an era of independent German tuning houses of the 1980s such as Brabus and Gemballa that began to replace traditional coachbuilders of the previous generations.
In addition, Koenig modified cars owned by celebrities. These include actor Sylvester Stallone, who had a silver Mercedes-Benz 560 SEC.
This 1989 Mercedes 560 SEC modified by Koenig is presented in Mignight blue metallic with blue leather upholstery. Only 20.000 km from new. Vehicle in unprecedented condition. Extension and gauge report approved for modification and carried out by KOENIG Specials GMBH Munich Germany. Entry in the documents of the technical certificate.
The car had only two owners, both collectors. Datacard from Mercedes included. Wheels Front 9.5J X 18 tyres 275/35 R18 95Y Rear 13.5J X 18 tyres 335/30 ZR 18 102Y.
The car was purchased from an original large private vintage collection in Dubai. The Mercedes did not travel to the Czech Republic in a container by sea, but flew by freight not only because of the sea environment, salt, which is bad for all cars for a long time, but because of its size, width, extension and lowering of the chassis, because the transport company did not know how to anchor it so as not to damage it, refused to transport it, so air transport was chosen.
According to available information, a total of about 100 vehicles were built for Koenig, most of the cars available are only later conversions. The original build can be recognized in the exceptional details that only an original KOENIG has.