- The rarest version of the Mondial
- One of only 629 examples built
- And one of only 320 LHD EU or RoW examples
- The only mid-engined 2+2 cabriolet from Ferrari
- Unrestored original condition
- Manual transmission
- Original window stickers, radio, roof
- Every year maintained
- Newly replaced timing belts, fuel pump, filters, oil
- New Michelin TRX tires, new canvas roof cover
- All documents were checked by Auctomobile
- Other features: possibility of assisting with registration, transport, insurance, storage and Trusted Checkout payment
- Please note that this car will be available for viewing by prior appointment in Brno, Czechia
The Ferrari Mondial (Type F108) is a mid-engined, V8, grand tourer manufactured and marketed by Ferrari between 1980 and 1993 – with styling by Pininfarina and bodywork by Carrozzeria Scaglietti.
Offered as either a 2+2 coupé or cabriolet, the Mondial has the slightly higher roofline, greater dimensions and increased weight to accommodate occasional rear seating for children or small adults.
The Mondial replaced the Ferrari 308/208 GT4 coupé and remains the last V8, rear mid-engined, 2+2 Ferrari.
The Cabriolet convertible model was added for 1983. The body styling remained the same as the coupé variant, with the roof maintaining the 'buttress' design, though the Cabriolet required the rear seats to be mounted closer together laterally. The introduction of the Cabriolet saw the popularity of the Mondial rise, particularly in the American market, where a convertible option was highly desirable. The Cabriolet has the added distinction of being the only four-seat, mid-rear engine, convertible automobile ever manufactured in regular production. 629 units were produced between 1983 and 1985, making this the rarest version of the Mondial.
Total production: 629 (27 Right Hand Drive) – 282 Imported to US/CA
The car is in unrestored original condition. Everything is original from new, including for example window stickers with Ferrari logos or the radio. The only thing that is new is a canvas roof cover made according to the original one. The car is driven and maintained every year. It has newly replaced timing belts, fuel pump, filters, oil. It also wears new Michelin TRX tires. Given the condition of this piece, it is without a doubt a collector's piece. In addition, it is ready to run without any actual further investment.
Only the air conditioning is not working on the car, otherwise everything is fully functional. The canvas roof is no longer the original deep black colour, which is logical. But it is important, it still the original roof. In one place on the side, the roof is sewn together, about 10 cm. However, it does not leak, once accidentally tested when returning from a ride, according to the seller.