- SELLING WITH NO RESERVE!
- Rare Mazda 323 GT-R BG series 4WD
- One of only 2.500 examples built
- Produced to homologate the Mazda 323 for the World Rally Championship
- 5-speed manual
- Full Time 4WD
- Original condition, only the engine was overhauled
- Body, chassis and mechanics in very good condition
- Documents were checked by Auctomobile
- Other features: possibility of assisting with registration, transport, insurance, storage and Trusted Checkout payment
- Please note that this car will be available for viewing by prior appointment near Warsaw, Poland
The original Mazda 323 GT-R of the BG series, one of 2.500 units produced between 1992 and 1993. The GT-R rally homologation version was added in 1992, featuring a number of enhancements over the GTX model: an aggressive front bumper, grill and bonnet vents, updated rear bumper, wheel flares, stiffer suspension and anti-roll bars with thicker cross members, and homologated five-stud wheel hubs with larger brakes. The interior was fitted with leather and suede seats, and had the option of replacing the cupholder with a 3 gauge cluster. In addition, the GTR has stronger connecting rods and pistons, larger oil squirters, larger nose crank, larger oil cooler, sodium filled valves, a baffled inlet manifold, larger injectors (from 360cc (black) to 440cc (orange)), removed boost cut, front-mounted intercooler, and an IHI VJ-23 ball bearing water-cooled turbocharger. Both the GTX and GTR models were limited to a top speed of 180 km/h. However, removing a screw on the back of the instrument cluster, labeled 180 km/h, meant that the speed limiter was removed. The GT-R produced 210 PS (154 kW).
This offered example comes from Sweden, to where it was imported from Germany in 2002 with a mileage of 122.000 kms.
The car is in very good technical and visual condition.
In 2008, at a mileage of 160.000 kms, a general engine overhaul was carried out, with the following new elements installed:
- forged pistons
- forged connecting rods
- shaft after polishing
- new reinforced bushings
- enlarged intercooler with intake
- more efficient fuel pump
- and many other smaller items.
After the renovation, the engine traveled about 13.000 km, the engine power was about 250 PS. Over the last years, over 10.000 euros have been invested in the car, invoices for inspection and extensive documentation are included in the sale, including service book led to the mileage of 144.000 kms until the last field for the entry is used. The body and chassis of the Mazda are in a very nice condition.
The price of transporting the car around Europe is 500 to 800 euros. Transport around the world 2.500 euros.