- The ultimative atmospheric Metzger GT3 RS engine
- One of only 716 examples of European (RoW) 997.1 GT3 RS built
- KW V3 with Nordschlife set up
- New brakes, new clutch (Sachs Performance)
- Cup steering wheel (Original included in the sale)
- Radio delete (Radio included in the sale)
- OZ Ultraleggera rims
- Akrapovic exhaust
- Full roll cage
- Documents were checked by Auctomobile
- Other features: possibility of assisting with registration, transport, insurance, storage and Trusted Checkout payment
- Please note that this car will be available for viewing by prior appointment near Bonn, Germany
The special RS model came without most of these luxuries to focus more on track-orientated driving (although the car is still road-legal). The RS trim also included a full roll cage and carbon fibre seats along with a large fixed rear wing to add to that race-car-for-the-road feel. The RS version was introduced in Europe in October 2006.
Porsche offered an RS version of the 997 GT3. In common with its predecessors, it was a homologation model for use in a range of racing series.
The 997 GT3 RS is 20 kg lighter than the 997 GT3, weighing in at 1,370 kg. This weight-saving was achieved by the use of an adjustable carbon fibre wing, a steel engine cover, and a lightweight plastic windscreen. The weight savings gives the 997 GT3 RS corresponding engine power to curb weight ratio of 300 hp (224 kW) per tonne.
The body of the 997 GT3 RS is 64 mm wider at the rear than the 997 GT3 (a legacy from the Carrera 4 models with which it shares its body shell). The muscular-looking rear end conceals a wider track that not only improves directional stability but also increases the potential cornering grip. However, drag is increased and top speed is reduced due to the larger rear wing. In addition to the new technology, the paint scheme and body panels are all designed specifically for the RS.
Production of the first generation 997 GT3 RS (997.1 GT3 RS) ended in 2009. An estimated 1,168 vehicles were delivered worldwide, with a total of 410 units sold in the United States and 42 units in Canada.
This Black over Orange example has a complete history from 48.000 kilometers on the clock since the seller bought the car. It has a KW V3 with Nordschlife set up, new brakes, new clutch from Sachs Performance, a cup steering wheel with the original steering wheel included in the sale, a radio delete with the radio also included in the sale, OZ Ultraleggera rims, Akrapovic exhaust, new nomex seat cover and a full roll cage.